Thursday 8 November 2012

Challenges of making Money online.


I was having a conversation the other day with my mom about my article writing  that I have been doing faithfully for the last 4 years without a coin to show for it. On 3rd November 2012, I received  100 dollars withdrawn from my local bank account. Yes, I finally broke even and that is why I want to put it in writing. This is not an easy journey, furthermore there is a lot of heartbreak involved but that is life.
The online writing business has different testimonies from different people but mine has not been easy. I have had my hope build up by different sites and then gotten the worst heartbreak after my work has been stolen and someone taken credit for it.

I joined helium.com earlier in the year and things were going so well ; I had sold some articles in their market place and I thought for a while that I was about to cash out. I came in early in the morning to start work and after trying to log in for a while, I contacted their helpline and I was beyond shocked when they told me that they had suspended my account because they had to delete some of my articles because I was not a native……… I was too surprised but the worst part is that they got to keep my 20 articles without paying me for them. I believe in giving credit where it is due, they gave me exposure to the search engines and if you type my name, you can see some of my articles.

Never giving up is a lesson that I have come to learn in this business, I joined hubpages.com and the community is awesome and people encourage each other. I could not earn on this platform because Google disapproved my account. No reasons given. I searched online on where I could earn without Google ad sense and then here comes wikinut.com. Things were going great and the payment is in Euros, 46 articles later and nothing in payment, page views are many but they do not explain how you are paid, the funds in the account keeps going down.

I joined freelancer.com and my first contract was a bid of 150 dollars and on accepting the contract they straight away charged me 10% and that meant my account was -$15 even before I began the contract. The client gave me work for 7 dollars so I owed them 8 dollar.
They emailed me and told me to deposit funds in my account or they suspend my account. Needless to say I did not and now my account is suspected until I add the funds for them to activate it. I will not add any funds.

I have joined so many other article directories in my four years journey, it has had its ups, and down but in all that I am so thankful that I have become a writer who can write in many areas including blogs, seo, articles, product reviews among others.  Finally, I remove my hat to odesk.com. I have had my account with them for the last four years and they did not deactivate it even when I did not log in. When I went back earlier this year, I was able to apply for contracts, I made my first 100 dollars, and I went home and celebrated with my mom who has been my greatest supporter in this writing business.

If you are new in this business, do not give up go on writing and soon enough, you will have your breakthrough and the money will start coming in.You can  read more about the challenges of working from home at http://www.exodusinternational.kbo.co.ke/Work+From+Home 

No comments:

Post a Comment